My Little Bossings
My Little Bossings (also known as Torky and My Little Bossings) is a 2013 Filipino family-comedy film directed by Marlon Rivera, starring Vic Sotto, Kris Aquino, Ryzza Mae Dizon, and Bimby Yap. The film is an official entry for the 2013 Metro Manila Film Festival which was released in theaters nationwide in December 25, 2013 by OctoArts Films, M-Zet Productions, APT Entertainment, and Kris Aquino Productions.
In spite of negative reviews from critics owing to its extensive use of product placement, a sequel to the film was made, to which Sotto initially hinted in an interview, and is scheduled to premiere in Christmas 2014 as one of the official entries for the 40th Metro Manila Film Festival.
The film broke box-office records in the Philippines upon its nationwide release in theaters, even holding the highest opening day record of P50.5 million. It previously held the title of being the highest-grossing Filipino film of all time until it was broken by Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy
Torky (Vic Sotto) is a bookkeeper working for Baba (Kris Aquino) a millionaire cash management specialist. Because of some conflict in her business that puts her life in danger, Baba entrusts the safety of her son Justin (Bimby Yap) to Torky who takes him home to meet his daughter Ice (Aiza Seguerra) and Ching (Ryzza Mae Dizon) the street urchin that the latter took under her wing. Given that Justin is not particularly fond of Torky, how all four of them would get along under one roof becomes the focus of the story.
- Vic Sotto as Victor "Torky" Villanueva
- Kris Aquino as Barbara "Baba" Atienza
- Ryzza Mae Dizon as Ching
- Bimby Yap as Justin/Tintoy
- Jaclyn Jose as Marga Atienza
- Aiza Seguerra as Ice
- Jose Manalo as Parak
- Paolo Ballesteros as Alat
- Barbie Forteza as Rosy
- Ginger as Bimby's Yaya
- Neil Coleta as Dino
- Neil Ryan Sese as Jumbo
- Erika Padilla as Leni
- Lui Manansala as Sister Remy
- Nico Antonio as Bodgie
- Gian Sotto as Police 1
- Wahoo Sotto as Police 2
- Jasper Visaya as Police 3
- Pauleen Luna as Paleng
- Roi Vinzon as Andy
- Tado Jimenez as Joker
- Jimmy Santos as Barangay Captain
- Joey de Leon as Agent Bryant (NBA)
- Oyo Sotto as Agent Kobe (NBA)
- Ruby Rodriguez as Janet Napulis
My Little Bossings was released to overwhelmingly negative critical reception, despite opening at first place in the box office.
Most of the criticism was directed at the film's plot, citing lack of production value, and its extensive and blatant use of product placement. The most negative reviews came from Rappler and ClickTheCity.com, each giving the film one out of five stars. Joseph Garcia of BusinessWorld branded the film as "one long commercial", joking that the film is something to watch "if you’re looking to complete your grocery list and need a hint on what to buy." Philbert Ortiz Dy of Click the City called the film "an insult", criticizing the film's editing and also stating that it was "banking entirely on the presence of a couple of recognizable names." A similarly critical review was made by Zig Marasigan of Rappler, also noting the intrusive use of product endorsements as "some of the most distasteful examples of local product placement while no effort is made to weave them into the narrative." Television host Lourd de Veyra also stated his disappointment for the film in an open letter, saying that the film felt like it was "made in just three days", and that "they never paid 220 pesos to watch the film for the actors to hawk pancit canton, bread, laundry detergent, cough syrup" and several other products endorsed by Kris Aquino and Vic Sotto.
A more positive review by Myra Grace Calulo of Philippine Entertainment Portal, however, said that the film is "a family flick that sprinkled with gags and a lot of heart", although she also noted the lack of character development and the story being "too drawn out at times".
|2013||Metro Manila Film Festival||Third Best Picture||My Little Bossings||Won|
|Best Supporting Actress||Aiza Seguerra||Won|
|Best Child Performer||Ryzza Mae Dizon||Won|
|Best Original Theme Song||Jan K. Ilacad||Won|
|2014||GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Most Popular Film Directors||Marlon Rivera (with Wenn Deramas)||Won|
|Phenomenal Stars||Vic Sotto (with Vice Ganda)||Won|
|Phenomenal Child Stars||Ryzza Mae Dizon and James "Bimby" Aquino-Yap||Won|
Sotto initially hinted at a possible My Little Bossings sequel in a 2014 interview. While not much information has been released about the film until recently, it was then later revealed that the sequel will be entitled My Bossing's Adventures and is a fantasy-adventure anthology film, with Sotto and Dizon reprising their roles. The film will be released in December 25, 2014 as an official entry for the 2014 Metro Manila Film Festival.
- "'My Little Bossings' predicted to be MMFF 2013's runaway winner". Tribune.net.ph. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Kita ng 2013 MMFF, P1B na; entry ni Vic Sotto, nangunguna pa rin sa takilya (Tagalog)".
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn. "39th Metro Manila Film Fest entries revealed". PEP.ph. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- Cayabyab, Nes. "8 official entries sa 39th MMFF". Bombo Radyo Philippines. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
- "MMDA announces 8 official entries for MMFF 2013". Lionheart.TV. Retrieved 18 June 2013.
- "Ryzza Mae, Bimby in 'Torky and My Little Bossing' trailer". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Umbao, Ed. "MMFF Entry Movie "My Little Bossings" Trailer Released". Philippine News.ph. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- ""My Little Bossings" Movie Trailer Released". Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- "Torky at Little Bossing baka mag-No. 1". Philippine Star. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Bonoan, Reggee (15 June 2013). "KRIS: Sina BIMBY at VIC ang bida sa 'TORKY AND MY LITTLE BOSSING'!". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
- Macahindog, Jecelyn (4 February 2014). "'My Little Bossings' sequel in the works?". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "'My Little Bossings' sequel in the works?". Tempo. Retrieved 28 April 2014.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Rula, Gorgy (30 October 2014). "Ryzza Mae Dizon gave ideas for MMFF entry". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 13 December 2014.
- "Ryzza Mae to Bimby: Mag-Tagalog ka!". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved November 22, 2013.
- Garcia, Joseph. "One long commercial". BusinessWorld. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Dy, Philbert. "My Little Bossings Movie Review - Contempt for the Audience". ClickTheCity.com. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- Marasigan, Zig (1 January 2014). "'My Little Bossings': The horrible business of show business". Rappler. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- de Veyra, Lourd. "An Open Letter to Vic Sotto". SPOT.ph (in Tagalog). Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Calulo, Myra Grace. "My Little Bossings REVIEW: A Feel-Good Family Flick". Philippine Entertainment Portal. GMA New Media. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Metro Manila Film Festival:2013". IMDB. Retrieved 2014-04-09.
- "Complete List of Winners: 45th Guillermo Mendoza Box-Office Entertainment Awards 2014". The Summit Express. Retrieved 2014-05-019.
- Official website
- My Little Bossings at the Internet Movie Database
- My Little Bossings on Facebook
- My Little Bossings on Twitter
- My Little Bossings on Instagram
- My Little Bossings channel on YouTube