Boncompagni Ludovisi Decorative Art Museum
Location of the museum in Rome
|Coordinates||41°54′31″N 12°29′43″E / 41.908608°N 12.495161°ECoordinates: 41°54′31″N 12°29′43″E / 41.908608°N 12.495161°E|
|Type||museum of 19th and 20th century art|
Boncompagni Ludovisi Decorative Arts Museum (Museo Boncompagni Ludovisi per le arti decorative, often abbreviated as the Museo Boncompagni), Rome, is the Decorative Arts Museum of the National Gallery of Modern Art of Rome. The Museum is located at Via Boncompagni, 18, near the elegant and historical Via Veneto.
Opened in 1995 to promote and develop the Italian decorative arts, costume and fashion, Boncompagni Ludovisi Museum is located in the Villino Boncompagni, an Art Nouveau villa, built in the early years of the twentieth century. The “Villino Boncompagni” was donated in 1972 by the princess Blanceflor de Bildt Boncompagni to the Italian Republic to promote art and culture. After the restoration of the building, carried out in the eighties, the “Villino” was given by the Ministero dei beni e delle attività culturali e del turismo, MiBACT (Italian Ministry for Cultural Heritage) at the National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art of Rome.
Boncompagni Ludovisi Museum collects paintings, sculptures, ceramics and original furnishings of the “Villino Boncompagni” and work of arts coming from the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna of Rome. It houses about eight hundred pieces clothing and fashion accessories illustrating the Italian fashion history and showing the debut of the Italian fashion, at the beginning of the 1900 to reach its extreme results of recent decades.
- Tristano di Robilant. (2007)
- La danza fotografica da Luciano Usai. (2008)
- Pino Procopio, Ulisse, Scene da un viaggio. (2008)
- Arnaldo Ginna Futurista. (2009)
- Lo zoo di Pinocchio. Galleria di ritratti dei personaggi-animali. Disegni di Filippo Sassoli. (2009)
- Rolando Monti - Dal tonalismo all'astrazione lirica. (2010)
- Fernanda Gattinoni. Moda e stelle ai tempi della Hollywood sul Tevere. (2011)
- Falsi ma Belli. (2011)
- Palma Bucarelli. La Palma della bellezza. (2012)
- Zecchin - Cambellotti e Le Mille e una notte. (2013)
- Joseph Pace, L'Eva Futura. (2014)
- Lydia Predominato, Una via d'uscita per un cuore costretto. (2014)
- Museum Boncompagni Ludovisi official website
- GNAM - National Gallery of Modern and Contemporary Art of Rome official website