Mula sa Puso (2011 TV series)
|Mula sa Puso|
|Genre||Action, Crime, Drama, Romance, Suspense, Thriller|
|Written by||Wenn V. Deramas|
|Directed by||Wenn V. Deramas|
JM De Guzman
|Opening theme||"Mula Sa Puso" by Jovit Baldivino|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||98|
Mark Anthony Gile|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment TV|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||March 28 – August 12, 2011|
|Related shows||Mula sa Puso (1997)|
Mula sa Puso (lit. From the Heart) is a Philippine remake of the original 1997 TV series that starred Claudine Barretto, the late Rico Yan and Diether Ocampo airing on ABS-CBN from March 10, 1997 to April 9, 1999. The 2011 remake stars Lauren Young, JM De Guzman and Enrique Gil. The show is directed by the same director of the original series, Wenn V. Deramas. This is the second soap opera remake of the network after its initial success and high ratings of the 2010 remake, Mara Clara. The show's original airing was at 6:00pm in 1997-1999 and was used again broadcasting this 2011.
Mula sa Puso is a remake of the 1997 television series of the same title. It starred Claudine Barretto as Via, the late Rico Yan as Gabriel and Diether Ocampo as Michael. Two years after the series had its finale in 1999, it was adapted into a film where the whole cast reprised their roles except Ricardo Cepeda and Snooky Serna who played Abdon and Criselda. On March 2011, ABS-CBN announced that they had decided to remake the television series after the success of Mara Clara. The remake will star Lauren Young as Via, JM De Guzman as Gabriel, and Enrique Gil as Michael. Ariel Rivera and Eula Valdez, who were both part of the 1997 series and the 1999 film, respectively, are set to join the cast playing different roles this time. Wenn V. Deramas who directed the 1997 series and the 1999 film is also set to direct the remake. The series adaptation is part of Kapamilya Gold, ABS-CBN's promotion for its upcoming series such as Nasaan Ka Elisa?, Maria la del Barrio and Hiyas.
Via (Lauren Young) has been treated like a princess by her father, Don Fernando (Ariel Rivera), a millionaire. On Via's eighteenth birthday, her hand was given to her childhood friend Michael (Enrique Gil) for marriage, although she does not have feelings for him like he does for her. Amid this drama, a revelation will begin when Via's aunt, Selina (Eula Valdez) plots her personal retribution on her brother, at the expense of Via. In the process, Via will meet Gabriel (JM de Guzman) who will save her from her heartache and become her hero in disguise. She will also cross paths with her real identity of her real mother Magda (Dawn Zulueta) who happens to be Gabriel's adoptive mother.
- Lauren Young as Olivia "Via" Pereira-Amarillo - the main protagonist of the story. She is the good daughter of Don Fernando and Magdalena Pereira. Olivia's real name was Angelica, given to her by her biological mother, but as she got raised by her father and her father's wife, she grew up with the name Olivia, or "Via" for short. Later she married Gabriel.
- JM De Guzman as Gabriel Maglayon -Amarillo- he is the son of Rocco. A kind hearted and hardworking young taxi driver who will do everything to earn the trust of Don Fernando and to prove his love for Olivia Pereira. Later he married Via.
- Enrique Gil as Michael Miranda - Via's childhood friend, he had special feelings for Via.
- Dawn Zulueta as Magdalena "Magda" Trinidad-Pereira - the lost mother of Via. She fell in love with Don Fernando and she has a scar face after surviving an acid attack by Selina. Later she married Don Fernando.
- Eula Valdez as Selina Pereira-Matias - the main antagonist of the story. She is the sister of Don Fernando, however she is not his biological sister. She is clever, quick-thinking, and intelligent, but at the same time evil scheme, greedy and merciless to others especially having deep revenge, and a grudge she held over Magda. She perpetrated the acid attack which left a scar on Magda's face. She married Ysmael and had a daughter named Nicole and an older son named Gilbert. Until one day trying to kill Via, she saw Nicole in the bus with bombs and she was killed instead. Selina got severely burned after finding Nicole inside the exploded bus. In the end, she was killed by a speeding truck while showing her pride and quarreling with her neighbors. As she was dying bloodily, the flashbacks of the painful past happened to her and horrible crimes she did were seen.
- Ariel Rivera as Don Fernando Pereira - Via's father who lives a full life of deceit by his adoptive sister Selina and will face the truth admist of it all that he and Magda are still meant to be after so many trials and tribulations.
- Charee Pineda as Katherine "Kate" Dela Cruz/Sister Katherine - She treats Ninong as her father. She later fell in love with Gabriel. And later, she became a nun.
- Alex Castro as Thaddeus - The new bodyguard Via hired.
- DJ Durano as Ysmael Matias - Selina's husband.
- Paul Salas as Warren - he was raised by Magda. He treats Gabriel as his brother.
- Tyron Perez as Gilbert Matias - Ysmael's son and Nicole's half-brother. His love interest is Via.
- Cris Villanueva as Rocco Amarillo - The biological father of Gabriel who saved the life of Magda. He died after being shot by Selina. He is buried beside his wife at the family ranch.
- Sue Ramirez as Nicole Matias - Ysmael and Selina's loving daughter, towards the end of the series, she rebels against her parents and joins Via. However, she tragically dies in a bus accident on the way to Baguio, after an explosion, which was meant to kill Via. The bomb was placed directly near their seat, thus killing everyone on the bus.
- Devon Seron as Mariel - She is the maid at Don Fernando's house and is Via's best friend.
- Beauty Gonzalez as Wendy - works as a female escort and is vocal about her romantic feelings for Gabriel.
- Eagle Riggs as Priscilla aka Precy - Magda's loyal best friend.
- Rubi-Rubi as Tindeng - the mother of Mariel who works as a maid for Pereira household.
- Minco Fabregas as Atty. Samuel Miranda - The father of Michael and a friend of Don Fernando.
- Rochelle Barrameda as Dominique Miranda - The mother of Michael.
- Bobby Yan as Lando
- Phytos Ramirez as Neal
- Dennis Marasigan as Selina's Lawyer
- DM Sevilla as Peter
- Manuel Chua as Abdon Macasaet
- Gary Lim as Kabo
- Neri Naig as Jaja Lampaz/Fake Selina - Selina had her face changed to look like her.
- Assunta De Rossi as Criselda Pereira
- Alicia Alonzo as Minerva Trinidad
- Lito Legaspi as Luis Vergara
- John Arcilla as Don Fernando Pereira Sr.
- Isay Alvarez as Blanca Pereira
- Kristel Fulgar as teen Selina Pereira
- Mark Sayarot as teen Don Fernando Pereira Jr.
- Sophia Baars as Young Olivia Pereira
- Joseph Andre Garcia as Young Gabriel Maglayon
- Bugoy Cariño as Young Warren
- Lou Veloso as Taxi Passenger
- Tess Antonio as Lucy
- Carlo Lacana as young Michael Miranda
- Miguel Vergara as young Michael Miranda (5 years old)
Changes/Differences from the Original TV/Movie version
|Original Versions||Remake Version|
|Criselda died because of cancer in the TV and movie version.||Criselda had cancer, but returned to the Philippines as her dying wish, and was killed by Selina.|
|Elena got kidnapped, tortured, raped, and murdered by Selina's henchman because she betrayed Selina.||Elena never appeared in the remake.|
|Mariel and Elaine got raped by Selina's henchmen.||The rape related scenes were not included during the remake.|
|Gabriel is Don Ricardo's son in the TV version. In the movie version, he was never introduced or identified nor mentioned.||Rocco is Gabriel's biological father.|
|Via had amnesia after the events of the bus explosion, and was known as Ella.||Via didn't have amnesia and wasn't known as Ella.|
|Ysmael had an illegitimate daughter named Jennifer with a woman named Connie.||Connie and Jennifer never appeared in the remake.|
|Selina had lymphoma cancer and wore a hairnet/wig.||Selina did not have any type of cancer.|
|Selina shot Carmen, the woman who saved Via and took her under her wing.||Selina did not shoot Carmen, thus, she did not appear.|
|Manuel was Magda's brother and a serial killer in the TV version. In the movie version, he is a guest at Gabriel and Via'a wedding.||Magda did not have a brother.|
|Ysmael was killed by Selina after saving Via and Magda. In the movie he was killed by Michael.||Ysmael is still alive, and was seen in Gabriel and Via and Fernando and Magda's wedding.|
|Nicole was killed by Manuel. In the movie version, she was killed by Abdon when she saved Via.||Nicole was unintentionally killed in the bus explosion, which was meant to kill Via, and was plotted by Selina.|
|Joei was Warren's crush and love interest. But in the movie version, she didn't appear.||Joei did not appear, instead, Nicole was Warren's love interest.|
|Raphael was Carmen's son and Via's friend.||Raphael didn't appear.|
|The character Ella Peralta, was made for the TV version only.||Ella Peralta was not mentioned or used in the remake.|
|Gilbert was Selina and Ysmael's son in the TV series. In the movie, he doesn't appear.||Gilbert is Ysmael's illegitimate son and Via's love interest.|
|Via and Magda were kidnapped for ransom money by Selina.||Via, Magda, Gabriel, and Fernando were kidnapped for the whole wealth of the Pereira family.|
|Tindeng was thought dead when the room she entered suddenly exploded.||Tindeng was never thought dead.|
|Selina was Fernando's half sister form his father's mistress, in which she's a bastard child.||Selina is now adopted by the Pereira family and is Fernando's adoptive sister.|
|Selina shot Magda after she and Via tried to escape from her hands.||Selina tortured Fernando and stabbed him in his back.|
|Gabriel and Warren saved Via from Selina's henchmen, during her eighteenth birthday.||Gabriel was the only one who saved Via.|
|Don Ricardo never got shot.||Rocco got killed by Selina after saving Gabriel from her.|
|Bagyo saved Selina from the car fire, when Via crashed her car into a carinderia.||Bagyo never appeared in the remake and there was never a car fire.|
|Via was held hostage by Selina hoping to kill the latter.||Via was never held hostage.|
|Via had a daughter named Magdalena, who was kidnapped by Selina.||Via never had a daughter in the remake.|
|Selina suffered from a burned face after surviving the car explosion.||Selina had a burned face because she went inside the burning bus, hoping to save Nicole.|
|Selina and Criselda were accomplices in kidnapping Via.||Criselda was forced to get Via because Selina was going to kill her niece.|
|Criselda and Magda were enemies after she found out that Fernando is Magda's baby's father.||Criselda tried to help Magda from Selina's hands, but was forces to help Selina in hope to save baby Via.|
|Selina got plastic surgery after getting money from Fernando.||Selina didn't get her face fixed in the remake.|
|Selina and Via had a physical fight in the finale, and was dragged by a truck. In the movie version, she was killed in the car explosion.||Selina got ran over by a truck instead of being dragged and remembered her painful past and her horrible crimes.|
|When Via and Selina fought, Via shot Selina in the arm and she fell from the building.||Selina and Via never fought, but Selina was killed by a truck after quarreling with her neighbors.|
|Selina never got the money for ransom because Via called Michael not to give the money.||Selina was locked in the Pereira volt, but was released by her men.|
|Shirley got kidnapped, tortured, raped, and almost left dead by Selina's henchmen.||Shirley doesn't appear.|
|Towards to the end of the series, Selina ordered Bagyo to kidnap Via's daughter.||Via's never had a daughter, Bagyo never appeared, thus, this scene didn't happen.|
- In the readaptation, it did not have more characters as the original.
- This is Lauren Young last show in ABS-CBN before moving to GMA Network in 2012.
- This is Eula Valdez, Ariel Rivera and Cris Villanueva comeback show in ABS-CBN, after leaving GMA Network in both 2010 and 2011.
- This is Tyron Perez last show, before his death in December 2011.
- This is Dawn Zulueta comeback drama television show after three years since Mars Ravelo's Lastikman in 2007.