Muine Bheag halt
Republic of Ireland
|Coordinates||52°41′57″N 6°57′09″W / 52.699098°N 6.952521°WCoordinates: 52°41′57″N 6°57′09″W / 52.699098°N 6.952521°W|
|Owned by||Iarnród Éireann|
|Operated by||Iarnród Éireann|
|24 July 1848||Station opens as Bagnalstown|
|By April 1910||Station renamed Bagenalstown|
|30 March 1963||Station closed|
|1988||Station reopened and renamed Muine Bheag|
The station is staffed; the main platform is fully accessible but the far-side platform (used only when two trains pass in the station) is accessible only by stairs and a footbridge.
The station opened on 24 July 1848 as Bagenalstown.
Opened by the Great Southern and Western Railway, the station was amalgamated into the Great Southern Railways. The line was then nationalised, passing to the Córas Iompair Éireann with the Transport Act 1944 which took effect from 1 January 1945.
Station passed on to the Iarnród Éireann in 1986 and was re-opened, renamed, in 1988.
|Preceding station||Iarnród Éireann||Following station|
|Milford|| Great Southern and Western Railway
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.