|Directed by||R. Kumaran|
M. S. Guhan
|Screenplay by||R. Kumaran|
|Story by||R. Kumaran|
|Music by||D. Imman|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
Mudhal Idam (English: First Rank) is an Indian Tamil romantic comedy film written and directed by newcomer R. Kumaran. The film, starring Vidharth of Mynaa fame along with debutante Kavitha Nair, is notably AVM Productions' 175th production.
Mahesh (Vidharth) is a thug in Thanjavur. His only ambition is emerge as the Number 1 rowdy with his name topping the list of wanted criminals in the local police station. He is called 'Yamakunji'(junior lord of dead) by his friends for he wants to send fear in the spine of his opponents. He indulges in all unlawful activities to achieve his mission. But for his mother (Kalairani), he is the best son on earth. She earns her livelihood running an idly shop. Mahesh meets Mythili (Kavitha Nair), a school student and daughter of a bus conductor (Ilavarasu). Though Mahesh is hated by all, Mythili falls for him. However, Mythili's father opposes their affair. Things take a turn when Karuppu Balu (Kishore), the number one rowdy in the area comes out of the jail. Mahesh incurs the wrath of aspiring MLA for no fault of his. Things take a turn, when Mythili elopes from her house and Mahesh is forced to kill Balu. The movie ends with a strong message.
- Kavitha Nair
- Gadam Kishan
- Keerthi Chawla in a special appearance
Soundtrack composed by D. Imman and lyrics by Yugabharathi, Kabilan and Arivumathi.
- Aithane - D. Imman, Chinmayi
- Inge Vandhan - Haricharan, Surmukhi
- Mudhal Idam - Vasudevan, Senthildas, Sam Keerthan, Feji
- Pappara - Ananthu, Aalap Raju
- Uyya Uyya - Veeramanidasan
Sify wrote "The plot is hackneyed and there is nothing new or gripping about rowdy elements wanting to become MLA. The film just does not qualify to be in the race for the first place as the title indicates." Behindwoods wrote "Mudhal Idam is a fair effort which is let down by a script which has its punches distributed unevenly. There are moments of fun and excitement, but they are interspersed by stretches of meandering scenes." Nowrunning wrote "Mudhal Idam is a brain-dead film with, too many songs, too many fight sequences, inconsequential village politics and high-handed sermonizing about true masculinity."
- ↑ S. Aishwarya (2011-01-22). "Cities / Chennai : 'Mudhal Idam' is AVM's 175th film". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-11-08.
- ↑ http://www.starmusiq.com/tamil_movie_songs_free_download.asp?movieid=465
- ↑ http://www.sify.com/movies/mudhal-idam-review-tamil-pcmad3igedbhd.html
- ↑ http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/aug-11-03/mudhal-idam-review.html
- ↑ http://www.nowrunning.com/movie/8662/tamil/mudhal-idam/3271/review.htm