Moreno, Buenos Aires
Location in Greater Buenos Aires
|Coordinates: 34°39′S 58°47′W / 34.650°S 58.783°W|
|Founded||October 25, 1864|
|Elevation||14 m (46 ft)|
|Population (2001 census [INDEC])|
|CPA Base||B 1744|
|Area code(s)||+54 237|
Moreno is a city in Buenos Aires Province, Argentina. It is the head town of Moreno Partido. It forms part of the Greater Buenos Aires urban conurbation and is located around 36 km (22 mi) to the west of the autonomous city of Buenos Aires.
The origin of the city goes back to 1860 when the Argentine railway company Camino de Hierro de Buenos Aires al Oeste opens a railway station in land donated by the politician and composer Amancio Jacinto Alcorta.
- "Deutscher Bundestag 4. Wahlperiode Drucksache IV/3672" (Archive). Bundestag (West Germany). 23 June 1965. Retrieved on 12 March 2016. p. 17/51.
Municipal information: Municipal Affairs Federal Institute (IFAM), Municipal Affairs Secretariat, Ministry of Interior, Argentina. (Spanish)
- (Spanish) Municipal website