Since 1995, this has been the co-cathedral of the diocese of Barbastro-Monzón, along with the Barbastro Cathedral.
The initial church was built in Romanesque style, but modified across the centuries. The apse has components of Gothic style. The church was made a collegiate church in 1607. In 1949, it was made a national monument.
- Diocese of Barbastro-Monzón, entry on cathedrals.