|Directed by||Karl Anton|
Emeric Pressburger |
Fernand Gravey |
|Music by||Ralph Erwin|
|Cinematography||Theodore J. Pahle|
|Distributed by||Gallic Films|
|15 March 1935|
Monsieur Sans-Gêne is a 1935 French romantic comedy film directed by Karl Anton and starring Fernand Gravey, Josseline Gaël and Ginette Gaubert. A man creates a national scandal after he mistakenly kisses the wrong woman in a darkened cinema. The following year it was remade as an American comedy One Rainy Afternoon, released by United Artists.
- Fernand Gravey as Fernand Martin
- Josseline Gaël as Monique Perrochin
- Ginette Gaubert as Juliette Durand
- Armand Dranem as Le souffleur
- Thérèse Dorny as La féministe
- Crisp, Colin. Genre, Myth and Convention in the French Cinema 1929-1939. Indiana University Press, 2002.