Monfalcone railway station
Piazza della Stazione 1|
34074 Monfalcone GO
Monfalcone, Gorizia, Friuli-Venezia Giulia
|Coordinates||45°48′27″N 13°32′37″E / 45.80750°N 13.54361°ECoordinates: 45°48′27″N 13°32′37″E / 45.80750°N 13.54361°E|
Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
117.746 km (73.164 mi)|
from Venezia Mestre
|Opened||1 October 1860|
Location within Northern Italy
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. The train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
Monfalcone railway station is situated at Piazza della Stazione, at the northeastern edge of the town centre.
The station became operational on 1 October 1860, upon the opening of the Galleria–Cormons section of the Udine–Trieste railway. On 11 June 1894, the station was connected with that of Cervignano, thus completing the Venice–Trieste railway from Venice via Portogruaro.
Services inside the station include ticketing, ticket machines, a lounge, a bar and a kiosk.
Passenger and train movements
The station is a transit stop for all regional trains on the Venice–Trieste railway and the Udine–Trieste railway.
The movement of passengers at the station is about 1.7 million people per year, making Monfalcone the fourth busiest station in Friuli-Venezia Giulia in terms of numbers of passengers, after Udine, Trieste Centrale and Pordenone.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- High speed services (Frecciabianca) Turin - Milan - Verona - Padua - Venice - Trieste
- Intercity services Rome - Florence - Bologna - Padua - Venice - Trieste
- Night train (Intercity Notte) Rome - Bologna - Venice - Udine - Trieste
- Express services (Regionale Veloce) Venice - Portogruaro - Cervignano del Friuli - Trieste
- Express services (Regionale Veloce) Venice - Treviso - Udine - Gorizia - Trieste
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Venice - Treviso - Udine - Gorizia - Trieste
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Tarvisio - Carnia - Gemona del Friuli - Udine - Cervignano del Friuli - Trieste
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Torino Porta Nuova
toward Roma Termini
toward Roma Termini
Ronchi dei Legionari Nord
toward Trieste Centrale
toward Tarvisio Boscoverde
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza; et al. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it (in Italian). Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 26 November 2010. External link in
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Retrieved 3 December 2010.
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.