Monastery of the Holy Spirit (Vitebsk)
The monastery was founded in the 1380s by Duchess Uliana of Tver, wife of Algirdas, Grand Duke of Lithuania. Algirdas ordered to construction of the Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in this monastery. About 1392–1393, after Algirdas' death, Uliania took the vows of schema in her monastery.
From mid-17th century till 1839, the monastery was Greek-Catholic. In 1839, after cancellation of the Union of Brest, it was converted back to Orthodoxy and was soon shut down because of poverty. After the October Revolution the majority of the old monastery's buildings were destroyed.
The monastery was revived in 2001. At present, it owns one building.