|Coordinates: 48°58′52″N 119°12′02″W / 48.98111°N 119.20056°W|
The ghost town is also an open-air museum known as Old Molson Ghost Town that includes pioneer buildings, farm machinery, mining equipment and other historic artifacts. It is open seasonally. Museum website: http://molsonmuseums.org
The Molson Schoolhouse Museum is a separate museum located in a historic schoolhouse building. Displays include hand tools, household artifacts and photographs. Museum website: http://molsonmuseums.org
Molson was founded in 1900 by promoter George B. Meacham, and investor John W. Molson (of the Molson beer brewing family). The mining town's population boomed to 300 that year, and the town had a newspaper, general stores, an attorney, doctor, saloon and hotel. By 1901, as the mining was failing, the population fell to 13 people.
When news of a railroad being built in Molson arrived in 1905, the population rose again. J.H. McDonald filed for a homestead including much of the town of Molson. In 1909 McDonald enforced his homestead by publishing a notice that everyone on the property was required to depart. Citizens then founded New Molson, ½ mile north of the site of Old Molson.
This is also possibly the location of Molson, Okanogan County, Washington that was incorporated on February 13, 1920. It was then disincorporated on 6 October 1921 by order of the Washington State Supreme Court, as the incorporation was declared invalid.
- "Molson". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Molson Museum & Old Molson Ghost Town". Scenic Washington State. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Molson Museums" (PDF). Oroville Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Old Molson Museum Ghost Town". Trip Advisor. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- "Museums". Omak Visitor Center. Retrieved 30 January 2015.
- Majors, Harry M. (1975). Exploring Washington. Van Winkle Publishing Co. p. 49. ISBN 978-0-918664-00-6.
- Ramsey, Guy Reed (1977) Postmarked Washington, Okanogan County, pp. 38-39, Fairfield, Washington: Okanogan County Historical Society
- Boardman, Tim, and Richard W. Helbock (1986) Washington Post Offices, p. 45, Lake Oswego, Oregon: La Posta Publications