Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Estonia)
|Eesti Vabariigi Välisministeerium|
Coat of Arms of Estonia
|Headquarters||Islandi väljak 1, 15049 Tallinn|
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia (Estonian: Eesti Vabariigi Välisministeerium) is a Cabinet-level governmental agency in Estonia in charge of conducting and designing Estonian Foreign policy.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia was established in 1919 soon after the declaration of independence of Estonia on February 23, 1918. After the occupation of Estonia by the Soviet Army in September 1939 following the Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact in August of the same year. After establishment of the Soviet rule in Estonia, the national government in exile assumed the duties of the foreign service. This government promoted and called for Estonian independence abroad. Among the Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs in exile were August Rei (1944-1945), Aleksander Warma (1953-1964), August Koern (1964-1982), Elmar Lipping (1982-1990), Olev Olesk (1990-1992). After restoration of independence of Estonia in 1990, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was reestablished in Tallinn.