Ministry of Children, Equality and Social Inclusion
|Barne- og likestillingdepartementet|
|Formed||1 January 2006|
|Jurisdiction||Government of Norway|
The Royal Ministry of Children and Equality (Norwegian: Barne- og likestillingdepartementet) is a Norwegian ministry, established in 2006 as a successor of the Royal Ministry of Children and Family Affairs. The ministry, however, has its roots in several former government ministries.
It is responsible for the rights of consumers, the interests of children and youth, the social and economic security of families, and the advancement of gender equality. It issues three grants, for parental leave, for child grants (to parents), and a cash grant to parents of small children that do not use kindergarten.
- Minister Solveig Horne (Progress Party)
- State Secretary Ahmad Ghanizadeh (Socialist Left Party)
- State Secretary Kjetil Ostling (Socialist Left Party)
- Political Advisor Kine Sperre Horsbøl (Socialist Left Party)
- Allocation Committee for support to voluntary children's and youth organizations, or Fordelingsutvalget for tilskudd til frivilligebarne- og ungdomsorganisasjoner (official site) Issues grants for children and youth organizations.
- County social welfare boards, or Fylkesnemndene for sosiale saker Makes decisions of placement of children in institutions and foster homes.
- Ecolabelling Norway, or Stiftelsen miljømerking (official site) Awards ecolabelling.
- County Governor, or Fylkesmannen (official site) Regional authority of the Government, with a Governor in each of 18 counties.
- Market Council of Norway, or Markedsrådet (official site) Makes juridical decisions concerning consumer rights upon specific or general cases.
- National Institute for Consumer Research, or Statens institutt for forbruksforskning (official site) Research.
- Norway's Contact Committee for Immigrants and the Authorities, or Kontaktutvalget mellom innvandrerbefolkningen og myndighetene (official site) Dialog between immigrants and authorities.
- Norwegian Assay Office, or Edelmetallkontrollen Control of trade of noble metals.
- Norwegian Consumer Council, or Forbrukerrådet (official site) Pursues consumer interests.
- Norwegian Consumer Dispute Commission, or Forbrukertvistutvalget (official site) Settles mater from consumers.
- Norwegian Consumer Ombudsman, or Forbrukerombudet (official site) Handles complaints from consumers.
- Norwegian Directorate for Children, Youth and Family Affairs, or Barne-, ungdoms- og familieetaten (official site) Helps children, youth and families who need help.
- Norwegian Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombud, or Likestillings- og diskrimineringsombudet (official site) Fights discrimination.
- Norwegian Equality and Anti-Discrimination Tribunal, or Likestillings- og diskrimineringsnemnda (official site) Appeal board for the Equality and Anti-Discrimination Ombud.
- Norwegian Labour and Welfare Service, or Arbeids- og velferdsdirektoratet (official site) Administrating age- and disability pensions and other welfare, and manages unemployment.
- Ombudsman for Children in Norway, or Barneombudet (official site) Promotes children's interests in society.
- Norwegian Ministry of Children and Equality. "About the ministry". Retrieved 2008-04-26.