Ranks and insignia of the Luftwaffe (1935–45)
The ranks of the Luftwaffe were similar to other branches of the Wehrmacht.
See also main articles
Luftwaffe war badges
Luftwaffe flying clasps
Luftwaffe Flying Clasps were awarded in Bronze, Silver, and Gold with upgrade possible to include diamonds. Pennants suspended from the clasp indicated the number of missions carried out in a given type of aircraft. Flying Clasps were issued for missions completed in the following Luftwaffe aircraft
- Day Fighters
- Night Fighters
- Long-Range Night Fighters
- Heavy Fighters
- Air to Ground Support Fighters
- Transport and Glider
- ↑ WAR DEPARTMENT TECHNICAL MANUAL TM-E 30-451, p. I-6/7
- ↑ The abbreviation "OF" stands for de: "Offizier / en: officer / fr: officier / ru: офицер"
- ↑ The abbreviation "OR" stands for "Other Ranks / fr: sous-officiers et militaires du rang / ru:другие ранги, кроме офицероф"
- Mitcham, Samuel W. (2008). The Rise of the Wehrmacht: The German Armed Forces and World War II, Volume 1. ABC-CLIO. ISBN 978-0-275-99659-8.
- Ruffner, Kevin Conley (1990). Luftwaffe Field Divisions 1941-45. Osprey Publishing. ISBN 978-1-85532-100-7.