Michael Cecil, 8th Marquess of Exeter
William Michael Anthony Cecil, 8th Marquess of Exeter (born 1 September 1935), is a Canadian member of the Peerage of the United Kingdom. He is the son of William Cecil, 7th Marquess of Exeter and a descendant of William Cecil, 1st Baron Burghley.
He and Nancy Rose Meeker were married in 1967; they were divorced in 1993. They have two children:
- Anthony John Cecil, Lord Burghley (b. 9 August 1970)
- Lady Angela Kathleen Cecil (19 May 1975 – 28 December 2008)
Cecil was active in the Emissaries of Divine Light and succeeded to its international leadership after his father's death in 1988. He left the organization in 1996. He now co-directs the Ashland Institute in Ashland, Oregon.
He made his maiden speech in the House of Lords on 16 May 1990.
|Ancestors of Michael Cecil, 8th Marquess of Exeter|
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by the Marquess of Exeter
- Michael Cecil, 8th Marquess of Exeter
- Profile, geni.com; accessed 28 March 2016.
|Peerage of the United Kingdom|
|Marquess of Exeter
1988 – present
| Succeeded by|