Members of the Queensland Legislative Assembly, 1868–1870
This is a list of members of the 4th Legislative Assembly of Queensland from 1868 to 1870, as elected at the 1868 colonial elections held between 14 September 1868 and 6 October 1868 (due to problems of distance and communications, it was not possible to hold the elections on a single day).
- 1 On 11 December 1868, John Douglas, member for East Moreton, resigned. Henry Jordan won the resulting by-election on 23 December 1868.
- 2 On 29 January 1869, Robert Travers Atkin, member for Clermont, resigned. Oscar de Satge won the resulting by-election on 4 March 1869.
- 3 On 30 January 1869, Theophilus Parsons Pugh, member for Town of Brisbane, resigned. George Edmondstone was elected unopposed at the resulting by-election on 10 February 1869.
- 4 On 6 April 1869, Robert Mackenzie, former Premier and member for Burnett, retired from politics and departed for Europe. Charles Haly won the resulting by-election on 21 April 1869.
- 5 On 11 June 1869, Thomas Henry FitzGerald, member for Kennedy, resigned. Rt Hon John Bright, an English Radical politician who was endorsed as a form of protest, won the resulting by-election on 10 July 1869. He never took his seat in the Queensland Parliament.
- 6 On 19 November 1869, Archibald Archer, member for Rockhampton, resigned. Henry Milford won the resulting by-election on 6 December 1869, although did not take his seat.
- 7 On 23 November 1869, Arthur Hodgson, the member for Warrego, resigned. Thomas McIlwraith won the resulting by-election on 5 January 1870.
- 8 On 3 December 1869, Edward Lamb, member for Mitchell, resigned. Archibald Berdmore Buchanan won the resulting by-election on 8 February 1870; however, it emerged he had not nominated as a candidate and had been elected against his own wishes, and he resigned two days later.
- 9 On 17 February 1870, Arthur Francis, member for East Moreton, resigned due to insolvency. After Robert Cribb withdrew his nomination, Robert Travers Atkin was elected unopposed on 17 February 1870.
- 10 On 4 April 1870, Oscar de Satge, member for the Clermont resigned. John Robinson Benson won the resulting by-election on 4 May 1870.
- 11 On 7 June 1870, Henry Milford, member for Rockhampton since a December 1869 by-election, resigned. He stood again at the resulting by-election on 20 June 1870, but was defeated by Alexander Fyfe.
- 12 On 13 June 1870, Samuel Hodgson, member for West Moreton, resigned. John Ferrett won the resulting by-election on 25 June 1870.
- Waterson, Duncan Bruce: Biographical Register of the Queensland Parliament 1860-1929 (second edition), Sydney 2001.
- Alphabetical Register of Members (Queensland Parliament)
|4th Queensland Legislative Assembly
| Succeeded by|