|Part of a series on|
|Components and courses|
Meal Preparation, sometimes called "meal prep," is the process of planning and preparing meals.
Sometimes meal preparation involves preparing meals ahead of time for a short or extended period of time. This practice may occur among people who desire to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle. Advance preparation can serve to standardize food portions. Sometimes meals are fully cooked, other times they are not. Meals may be prepared in small containers such as tupperware, and are sometimes labeled.
Advance meal preparation
Meal Preparation Services
Meal preparation services are services that will send you fresh prepared meals delivered to your home. These services will individually package pre-portioned meals to assist with eating a healthy diet. These services will cook and prepare meals for you. Meals may come in small tupperware containers and are labeled with nutritional information. Most meals prep services will provide full macros of their meals. There are also many options for specific diet types like Vegetarians and Vegans.
- Pare, J. (2000). Make-Ahead Meals. Company's Coming. Company's Coming Publishing, Limited. ISBN 978-1-895455-72-4. Retrieved May 6, 2015. 157 pages.
- "A Beginner's Guide to Once a Week Food Prep + 20 Starter Recipes and Meal Prep Ideas - Organize Yourself Skinny". Organize Yourself Skinny. Retrieved 6 May 2015.
- "New Vision Nutrition Meal Prep Service". New Vision Nutrition Eat Healthy, Live Happy. Retrieved 23 October 2015.
- "Progress Prep - Meal Prep Delivery Service". Meal Prep Service based in Las Vegas. Retrieved 29 November 2016.
- Foods and Meal Preparation
- Kitchen Afloat
- Meal Preparation as a Family Therapy Intervention
- A Guide to Meal Management and Table Services' 2004 Ed.
- Planning Related to Meal Preparation
- Space Allowances for Meal Preparation and Service in the Southern Rural Home
- "A Value-Added Approach to Household Production: The Special Case of Meal Preparation". jstor.
- "The Effect of Homemakers' Employment on Meal Preparation Time, Meals at Home, and Meals Away from Home". Home Economics Research Journal. 9: 200–206. doi:10.1177/1077727X8100900303.
- "Consumers' convenience orientation towards meal preparation: conceptualization and measurement". Appetite. 36: 15–28. doi:10.1006/appe.2000.0364.