Location of Perry County, Missouri
|Coordinates: 37°49′58″N 89°50′24″W / 37.83278°N 89.84000°WCoordinates: 37°49′58″N 89°50′24″W / 37.83278°N 89.84000°W|
|Elevation||371 ft (113 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||722028|
The first settlers in the area around McBride were the McBride family, headed by Stephan McBride, who came to Perry County in 1837. The McBrides were natives of Nelson County and Marion County, Kentucky. The town grew up along the Frisco Rail line and had its own depot. The flood of 1993 destroyed much of the community. Today, McBride is home to the Gilster-Mary Lee Popcorn and Cereal plant.
A number of floods over the years have left destruction on McBride, but the Great Flood of 1993 had devastated the community.
- Missouri Hometown Locator.com http://missouri.hometownlocator.com/mo/perry/mcbride.cfm
- Hometown Locator: Missouri http://www.roadsidethoughts.com/mo/mcbride-misc.htm
- Roadsidethoughts.com: Missouri http://www.roadsidethoughts.com/mo/mcbride-misc.htm
- State Historical Society of Missouri http://shs.umsystem.edu/manuscripts/ramsay/ramsay_perry.html
- Genealogy Rootsweb http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~sarankin/goodspeed/mcbride_jc.html
- Gilster-Mary Lee Corp http://www.superpages.com/bp/Mc-Bride-MO/GilsterMary-Lee-Corporation-L2078778008.htm
- US Army Corps of Engineers (December 1993). "Upper Mississippi River Basin Flood of 1993, Flood-Fight Reconnaissance and Survey of Expedient Methods Employed".