Mary Foley-Berkeley, 17th Baroness Berkeley
Mary Lalle Foley-Berkeley, 17th Baroness Berkeley (9 October 1905 - 17 October 1992) was a British politician and peeress.
She was born in Chertsey, Surrey, United Kingdom on 9th Oct. 1905. Daughter of Lt-Col. Frank Wigram Foley and Eva Mary FitzHardinge Milman, 16th Baroness Berkeley.
Born as Mary Lalle Foley, she changed her name legally to Hon. Mary Lalle Foley-Berkeley in 1951.
She was an active member of the House of Lords and participated in several debates from 1970 to 1977.
She succeeded to the title of 17th Baroness Berkeley on 5 April 1967 when the abeyance of the barony was terminated in her favour. She died unmarried at the age of 87, after which her title passed to her nephew Anthony Gueterbock.
Titles and styles
- 9 October 1905 – 12 September 1951: The Honourable Mary Lalle Foley
- 12 September 1951 – 5 April 1967: The Honourable Mary Lalle Foley-Berkeley
- 5 April 1967 – 17 October 1992: The Right Honourable The Baroness Berkeley
- "Legal Change of Name Published in The London Gazette on 21 September 1951". berkeleygirls.org. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Mary Lalle Foley-Berkeley 17th Baroness Berkeley". berkeleygirls.org. Retrieved 2016-05-21.
- "Person Page 8046". Thepeerage.com. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- "Ms Mary Foley-Berkeley (Hansard)". Hansard.millbanksystems.com. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
- Novo Tópico. "Portal de Genealogia". Geneall.net. Retrieved 2016-01-31.
|Peerage of England|
| Succeeded by|