Marius Berthus Jansen (April 11, 1922 – December 10, 2000) was an American academic, historian, and Emeritus Professor of Japanese History at Princeton University.
He was a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and president of the Association for Asian Studies in 1976.
- The Japanese and Sun Yat-sen (1954)
- Sakamoto Ryōma and the Meiji Restoration (1961)
- Changing Japanese Attitudes Toward Modernization (1965)
- Studies in the institutional history of early modern Japan (1968) John Whitney Hall and Marius Jansen, eds. Princeton, Princeton University Press.
- Japan and its World: Two Centuries of Change (1975)
- Japan and China: from War to Peace, 1894-1972 (1975)
- Japan in Transition, from Tokugawa to Meiji (1986)
- China in the Tokugawa World (1992 ISBN 9780674184763) ; DeGruyter 2014) The 1988 Edwin O. Reischauer Lectures
- Japanese Today: Change and Continuity (1995) Edwin O. Reischauer, Marius B. Jansen
- The Making of Modern Japan (2000)
- Guggenheim Fellowship, 1979.
- Order of the Sacred Treasure, 1985.
- Japan Academy, 1999
- Person of Cultural Merit, 1999.
- Sakamoto Ryōma
- Ryōtarō Shiba famous popular fiction author of "Ryōma Coming to Us" which is a historical novel about Sakamoto Ryoma
- Ryōmaden NHK drama, the story of Sakamoto Ryōma
- Library of Congress Authority File: Jansen, Marius B.; retrieved 2011-07-14
- Princeton University, Office of Communications, "Professor Marius Berthus Jansen, scholar of Japanese history, dies," December 13, 2000.
- The New York Times Marius B. Jansen, 78, Scholar Of Japanese History and Culture December 26, 2000
- WorldCat Identities: Jansen, Marius B.
- Japanese Today Harvard University Press Books
- The Making of Modern Japan Harvard University Press Books
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (Japan): Culture 2000.
- Saxon, Wolfgang. "Marius B. Jansen, 78, Scholar Of Japanese History and Culture," New York Times. December 26, 2000
- "Obituary: Marius Jansen," Japan Times. December 14, 2000.