30 October 1895|
8 September 1979 83) (aged|
Mario Tozzi (30 October 1895 – 8 September 1979) was an Italian painter. He was awarded the Legion of Honour by the French government.
After the First World War, he moved to Paris, France and founded the Groupe des Sept (also known as Les Italiens de Paris ) with Massimo Campigli, Giorgio de Chirico, Filippo de Pisis, Renato Paresce, Alberto Savinio and Gino Severini.
Tozzi returned to Rome in 1936. His work was exhibited at the Venice Biennale in 1938, 1942, 1948, 1952 and 1954.
He returned to France in 1971, dying there in 1979.
- Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, France
- Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon, Lyon, France
- Museum of Fine Arts Bern, Bern, Switzerland
- Pushkin Museum, Moscow, Russia
- Museo del Novecento, Milan, Italy
- Bologna Museum of Modern Art, Bologna, Italy
- Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna, Rome, Italy
- Marilena Pasquali, ed. (1988). Catalogo Ragionato Generale dei Dipinti di Mario Tozzi. Milano: Editoriale Giorgio Mondadori. ISBN 978-88-374-1030-8.
- Carli, Enzo (1976). Tozzi. Bolaffi.
- Pasquali, Marilena (1995). Mario Tozzi 1895-1979. Milano: Edizioni Gabriele Mazzotta.
- Verdet, André (1978). Les Enchantements de Mario Tozzi. Paris: Editions Galilée.