Marino railway station
Marino railway station in 2006
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
|Coordinates||54°38′49″N 5°49′03″W / 54.6470°N 5.8174°WCoordinates: 54°38′49″N 5°49′03″W / 54.6470°N 5.8174°W|
|Owned by||NI Railways|
|Operated by||NI Railways|
|1 December 1870||Opened|
|11 November 1957||Closed|
|4 January 1960||Reopened|
|UK Railways portal|
From Mondays to Saturdays there is a half-hourly service to Belfast Central, Portadown or Newry in one direction, and to Bangor in the other. More frequent trains run at peak times, and the service reduces to hourly in the evenings. Some peak-hour trains pass through Marino without stopping.
On Sundays there is an hourly service in each direction.
|Preceding station||Northern Ireland Railways||Following station|
|Holywood|| Northern Ireland Railways
The Belfast, Holywood and Bangor Railway opened Marino station on 1 December 1870 on land once inhabited by Benedictine monks.
Due to low passenger numbers, the Ulster Transport Authority closed the station on 11 November 1957. However, under public pressure the UTA reopened it on 4 January 1960.
Translink had the station refurbished in 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Marino railway station.|