María Isbert (21 April 1917 – 25 April 2011) was a Spanish actress whose credits included more than 250 Spanish films during her career. Isbert worked with most major Spanish film actors and directors, including Luis García Berlanga and Luis Buñuel. Isbert, whose credits included films, television and theater work, was most active from the 1960s to the 1980s.
Isbert was born in Madrid, Spain, on 21 April 1917. She was the daughter of Pepe Isbert, a popular Spanish film actor whose major roles included Welcome Mr. Marshall!. Maria Isbert was the mother of seven children, including actor Tony Isbert.
Isbert received numerous awards for her work, including the Silver Bellas Artes Medal in 1987. She was also named an Honorary Academic of the Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España in 2008.
- Life Begins at Midnight (1944)
- The Road to Babel (1945)
- The Princess of the Ursines (1947)
- The Party Goes On (1948)
- Just Any Woman (1949)
- Currito of the Cross (1949)
- The Song of Sister Maria (1952)
- We Thieves Are Honourable (1956)
- College Boarding House (1959)
- Queen of The Chantecler (1962)
- A Decent Adultery (1969)
- The Complete Idiot (1970)
- "Spanish actress María Isbert has died". TypicallySpanish.com. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "Falleció la veterana actriz española María Isbert". El Universal (Caracas). 2011-04-25. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Maria Isbert: Comic actress who appeared in more than 250 films over 70 years
- María Isbert at the Internet Movie Database
- The Independent: Maria Isbert: Comic actress who appeared in more than 250 films over 70 years