Manuel of Castile
|Manuel of Castile|
Carrión de los Condes
25 December 1283 (aged 48–49)|
|Burial||Monastery of Uclés|
Constance of Aragon|
Beatrice of Savoy
|Father||Ferdinand III of Castile|
|Mother||Elisabeth of Hohenstaufen|
Born in Carrión de los Condes, the name Manuel was given to him to commemorate his maternal grandmother's roots in Imperial Byzantium. Manuel travelled to Italy in 1259 as part of the embassy sent by his father to Pope Alexander IV.
- Alfonso Manuel (1260/1261–Montpellier, 1276), without issue.
- Violante Manuel (1265–Lisbon, 1314), lady of Elche and Medellín. Married circa 1287 to Afonso of Portugal, son of Afonso III of Portugal.
- Juan Manuel (1282–1348), Prince of Villena, Duke of Penafiel and Lord of Escalona.
Children from other women include:
- Sancho Manuel (1283-after 1345), Lord of Infantado and Carrion. First married María Rodríguez de Castañeda, and then Inés Díaz de Toledo. With issues from both marriages.
- Enrique Manuel (born circa 1272)
- Blanca Manuel (born circa 1273)
|Ancestors of Manuel of Castile|