Mallow railway station
Mallow to Youghal/Cóbh
Mallow's main station building is located on the south side of the railway tracks, nearest to the town, and is constructed from the grey stone typical of many Irish stations. It houses the booking office, administration accommodation and other facilities. There is a covered footbridge at the south-west end which enables passengers to reach the two other platforms, which are all through platforms. It is the transfer station for passengers changing onto the Mallow–Tralee line. The station was acclaimed as Iarnród Éireann's best overall station in 2004.
Until March 1967 Mallow was also the Junction of a line which ran to Waterford via Fermoy, Lismore and Dungarvan. The station opened on 17 March 1849. It was built and operated by the Great Southern and Western Railway.
|Preceding station||Iarnród Éireann||Following station|
|Limerick Junction|| InterCity
|Cork Kent|| InterCity
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mallow railway station.|
Passengers can travel from Mallow to Limerick Junction to reach Limerick, Ennis, Athenry, Oranmore and Galway along the Western Rail Corridor. There are also trains from Limerick Junction via Clonmel to Waterford.
Rail Air Links
- "Mallow station" (PDF). Railscot - Irish Railways. Retrieved 2007-08-31.