Reddy in 2015
|Minister for Education, National Heritage, Culture and Arts|
Assumed office |
25 September 2014
|Appointed by||Frank Bainimarama|
|Preceded by||Filipe Bole|
Reddy was an award-winning scholarship student at the University of the South Pacific and the University of Hawaii. He did his Master of Science Degree and PhD in Agriculture and Resource Economics on a Fulbright Scholarship on an East-West Centre Fellowship at the University of Hawaii. He taught Economics at the University of the South Pacific, becoming a Lecturer in Development Studies in 1998 and getting promoted to Senior lecturer in 2005. In 2007, he became the Associate Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics and Associate Professor of Economics. In 2008, he became the Head of the USP School of Economics before being transferred to the Fiji Institute of Technology in October as the Dean of the Faculty of Commerce, Hospitality and Tourism Studies.
In March 2009, he was appointed as the Chair of the Commerce Commission. In July 2014, he resigned as Commerce Commission director and from the Reserve Bank of Fiji board chairman to join the FijiFirst party to contest in the elections.
- "20-member Cabinet announced". FBC. 2014-09-24. Retrieved 2014-09-25.
- "education". Retrieved 2015-02-21.
- SINGH, MONIKA (2009-03-03). "Reddy meets Commission staff". Fiji Times. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- PANAPASA, GERALDINE (2014-07-28). "Academic resigns to join FijiFirst". Fiji Times. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "2014 Election Results". Fiji Elections Office. Retrieved 2014-09-25.