Macau Science and Culture Centre
The Macau Scientific and Cultural Centre (in Portuguese, Centro Científico e Cultural de Macau, CCCM) is based in Lisbon, Portugal.
The Centre was established through the initiative of governments of Portugal and Macau (under Decree-Law no. 85/95, 28 April 1995). It has been created to encourage the study of Macanese history, culture and society and to promote its dissemination. It especially aims to promote Portuguese-Chinese relations.
The Centre is composed of various departments covering:
- Research and Science
- Culture and Museology
- Information and Documentation
The Macau Scientific and Cultural Centre is open to researchers, especially those from Portugal and China. It aims to partner with universities, libraries, research centres and museums. An associated museum (Macau Museum in Lisbon) at the site is open to the general public, presenting the history of Macau on the ground floor and decorative arts of Macau on the upper floor.
- Tuesday – Sunday: 10:00–18:00
- Monday and Tuesday: 10:00–13:00
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 14:00–17:00
- Rua da Junqueira, 30
- 1300-343 Lisboa
- Macao Science Center, Macau
- ↑ Macau Scientific and Cultural Centre Museum Guide, Ministry of Science and Technology, Portugal. ISBN 972-8586-01-9.