Passionate about the arts and especially the theater, she would attend the occasional stage plays that came to Tepic. She joined a performance troupe that was supported by the local administration, but that support came to an end when the administration changed hands.
In pursuit of her artistic dreams on the stage, she traveled to Mexico City. She studied theater at the academy of the Asociación Nacional de Actores. Encouraged by colleagues, she traveled to Japan and then Italy, where she worked in film, theater, and television. There she recorded her first album. Her eight-year stay in Rome gave her maturity as a human being and as an artist. She gave recitals in Greece, Cyprus, and England.
After her return to Mexico, for her performances at the Insurgentes theater, in the works Vine, ví y mejor me fuí and La maestra bebe un poco, she received an award from the Unión de cronistas de Teatro (Union of Theater Critics). In 1981 she performed in "The Merry Wives of Widsor" together with Alfredo Sevilla, Tara Parra Chela Nájera among others. In 1981, the Mexican Association of Theater Critics named her best actress and singer for her performance in Man of La Mancha.
In 1986, she received the María Tereza Montoya and Virginia Fábregas prizes for her acting in Aire frío.
Since 1988, she has directed many popular, internationally distributed soap operas. This work has earned her prizes from the Herald and New York Latin ACE Award. A promoter of the arts of her homeland, she promotes and supports the artistic and cultural values of her fellow countrymen. Member of ANDA (National Actors Association of Mexico)
- La tempestad (2013) – Madre Eusebia
- La Fuerza del Destino (telenovela) (2011) - Sanadora Seri
- Sortilegio (2009) - Maya San Juan
- Alborada (2005) - Modesta
- La casa en la playa (2000) - María Estrada
- María Isabel (1997) - Chona
- Lazos de amor (1995) - Chole
- Más allá del puente (1994) - Amaranta
- De frente al Sol (1992) - Amaranta
- Amor de nadie (1990-1991) - Socorro
- Cuando llega el amor (1989 - 1990) - Yulma
- Flor y canela (1988) - Ana
- Yesenia (1987) - Trifenia
- Cómo duele callar (1987) - Casimira
- El engaño (1986) - armen
- Abandonada (1985) - Lucía
- Amalia Batista (1983) - Matilde