|• Total||25.86 km2 (9.98 sq mi)|
|• Density||80.7/km2 (209/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The village was first mentioned in written sources in 1359. The origin of the village's name may be drawn from the original occupation of its inhabitants (méh means "bee" in Hungarian). The population fled the area after the Ottoman conquest. Romanians settled in the area during the 18th century, with the first Romanian Orthodox church being built in 1770. The first primary school was opened in 1815.
- Gazetteer of Hungary, 1st January 2015. Hungarian Central Statistical Office. 03/09/2015