|Coat of Arms||Map|
Map of central Berlin in 1789 showing
|Borough:||Mitte and Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg|
|Locality:||Mitte and Kreuzberg|
|Coordinates:||52°31′N 13°25′E / 52.517°N 13.417°ECoordinates: 52°31′N 13°25′E / 52.517°N 13.417°E|
|Elevation:||34 m (111 ft) above sea level|
Luisenstadt is a former quarter (Stadtteil) of central Berlin, now divided between the present localities of Mitte and Kreuzberg. It gave its name to the Luisenstadt Canal and the Luisenstädtische Kirche.
The area of the neighbourhood was originally named Myrica and was acquired in 1261 by the city of Cölln.
Luisenstadt is bounded on the north by the river Spree, in the west by the Lindenstraße (in Friedrichstadt), and in the south by the Landwehrkanal. A smaller part of the zone now belongs to Mitte (in the same-named district) and the greater part to Kreuzberg (in Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg district).
- Emmaus Church
- Evangelical-Lutheran (Old-Lutheran) Church
- Görlitzer Bahnhof
- St. Jacob's Church
- Kottbusser Tor
- Lausitzer Platz
- Luisenstadt Canal
- Luisenstadt Church
- St. Michael's Church
- St. Thomas Church
- (German) Luisenstadt civic association
- (German) Luisenstadt cultural website
- Map of Luisenstadt on Berlin official site