Gale at Gatecon, July 30, 2005
May 9, 1958|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
June 21, 2009 51) (aged|
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Cause of death||Cancer|
|Occupation||Actress, playwright, theatre director|
(1988–2009; her death)
Lorena Gale (May 9, 1958 – June 21, 2009) was a Canadian actress, playwright and theatre director. She was active onstage and in films and television since the 1980s. She also authored two award-winning plays, Angélique and Je me souviens.
She appeared in such movies as Another Cinderella Story, Ernest Goes to School, Fantastic Four, Traitor, The Chronicles of Riddick, The Mermaid Chair, and The Exorcism of Emily Rose. She has guest starred on programs such as The X-Files, Stargate SG-1, Smallville and Kingdom Hospital. Until August 2005, she starred as Priestess Elosha on the SciFi Channel television program Battlestar Galactica.
Her play, Angélique, the story of executed slave Marie-Joseph Angelique, was the winner of the 1995 duMaurier National Playwriting Competition in Canada. Gale's final film role was a librarian in Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins.
Gale died following a battle with throat cancer on June 21, 2009 at age fifty-one. Her body was cremated.
- "Lorena Gale (1958-2009)". Caprica-City.de. 2009-06-25. Retrieved 2009-06-25.
- Hustak, Alan. "Lorena Gale". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Historica Foundation of Canada. Retrieved March 8, 2016.
- Hustak, Alan. "Lorena Gale". Canadian Encyclopedia. Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- HUSTAK, ALAN. "Lorena Gale". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2016-03-03.
- Podcast conversation with Lorena Gale on Sci-Fi Talk (about 24 minutes in length; Gale talked about her recent roles)
- Lorena Gale, Angélique (1999) (from the Way Back Machine, June 30, 2007)
- Lorena Gale at Find a Grave
- Lorena Gale at the Internet Movie Database
- Lorena Gale at TVGuide.com
- Lorena Gale article at Canadian Theatre Encyclopedia