Lord Lieutenant of Greater London
The Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London is Her Majesty's representative in Greater London, including the 32 London boroughs. The role was created in 1965 and replaced the Lord-Lieutenant of the County of London and the Lord-Lieutenant of Middlesex.
This is a complete list of Lord-Lieutenants of Greater London in the United Kingdom.
- Harold Alexander, 1st Earl Alexander of Tunis 1 April 1965 – 1966
- Sir Gerald Templer 28 December 1966 – 1973
- Charles Elworthy, Baron Elworthy 12 September 1973 – 1978
- Norah Phillips, Baroness Phillips 1978–1986
- Edwin Bramall, Baron Bramall 1986–1998
- Peter Imbert, Baron Imbert 1998 – 27 April 2008
- Sir David Brewer 27 April 2008 – 28 May 2015
- Ken Olisa 29 May 2015 - Present
The ceremonial county of Greater London does not include the City of London, which has its own Commission of Lieutenancy.
- ↑ Greater London Lieutenancy, Organisation of the Greater London Lieutenancy.
- ↑ Administration of Justice Act 1964 (1964 c.42), section 18: For the purposes of [the Lieutenancy], Greater London other than the City shall be treated as a county.
- ↑ "Lord-Lieutenant for Greater London". Retrieved 2008-04-10.
- J.C. Sainty (1979). List of Lieutenants of Counties of England and Wales 1660-1974. London: Swift Printers (Sales) Ltd.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 5/11/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.