Little Russia Governorate (1764–81)
| Malorossiya Governorate|
|Governorate of Russian Empire|
|Capital|| Hlukhiv (1764–1773)|
|Legislature||Little Russian Collegium|
|•||Established||12 December 1764|
|•||Disestablished||27 February 1781|
|Political subdivisions||regiments (polki)|
|Today part of||Chernihiv Oblast, Bryansk Oblast, Kiev Oblast, Poltava Oblast, Cherkasy Oblast, Sumy Oblast, Kharkiv Oblast|
The First Little Russia Governorate (Russian: Малороссiйская Губернiя) or Government of Malorossiya was created by Russian authorities in 1764-65 as part of the Second Partition of Poland, from which the entire Right-Bank Ukraine was incorporated into the Russian Empire. The (First) Little Russia Governorate was governed by Pyotr Rumyantsev.
With another administrative reform of 1781 the governorate and its subdivisions (regiments) were liquidated and replaced with vice-royalties divided into counties (uyezds).
The governorate was divided into 10 regiments (polk) which were equivalent to counties (uyezd).
- Nizhyn Regiment
- Chernihiv Regiment
- Pryluky Regiment
- Lubny Regiment
- Myrhorod Regiment
- Hadiach Regiment
- Poltava Regiment
Coat of arms
Until 1767 the coat of arms for the governorate was Cossack with musket when it was finally replaced with the Russian double headed eagle.