List of zones of Nepal
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
As of 20 September 2015 Nepal is divided into 7 provinces. They are defined by schedule 4 of the new constitution, by grouping together the existing districts. Two districts however are split in two parts ending up in two different provinces.
As of earlier model, Nepal was divided into 14 administrative zones (Nepali: अञ्चल; anchal) and 75 districts (Nepali: जिल्ला; jillā). The 14 administrative zones were grouped into five development regions (Nepali: विकास क्षेत्र; vikās kṣetra). Each district is headed by a Chief District Officer (CDO) and is responsible for maintaining law and order and coordinating the work of field agencies of the various government ministries.
From east to west:
- Eastern Development Region:
- Central Development Region:
- Western Development Region:
- Mid-Western Development Region:
- Far-Western Development Region:
- Development Regions of Nepal
- List of districts of Nepal
- List of village development committees of Nepal
- ISO 3166-2:NP