List of international cricket five-wicket hauls at Headingley
Headingley Cricket Ground is a sports ground in Headingley, Leeds, England, which has hosted international cricket matches, along with many domestic games. It is the home of the Yorkshire County Cricket Club. It has hosted international cricket matches since 1899, the first Test at the ground took place in between Australia and England in late June of that year. and has been home to more than 90 Test matches in total. P Sara Oval has also staged 40 One Day International (ODI) matches, the first of which was in 1983 when the hosts England defeated West Indies by 1 wickets.
In cricket, a five-wicket haul (also known as a "five-for" or "fifer") refers to a bowler taking five or more wickets in a single innings. This is regarded as a notable achievement. The first bowler to take a five-wicket haul in a Test match at Headingley was Arnold Warren in 1905; he finished with bowling figures of 5 for 57 in second innings. The best figures in Test cricket at Headingley are 8 for 43, taken by England's Bob Willis against Australia in July 1981. James Anderson of England has taken the most recent five-wicket haul at Headingley, with figures of 5 wickets for 29 runs against Sri Lanka in 21 May 2016. As of May 2016, 33 bowlers have taken 48 Test match five-wicket hauls at the ground.
There are no any ODI five-wicket hauls taken at Headingley until December 2015.
|The bowler was man of the match|
|10 or more wickets taken in the match|
|One of two five-wicket hauls by the bowler in the match|
|Date||Day the Test started or ODI was held|
|Inn||Innings in which five-wicket haul was taken|
|Overs||Number of overs bowled. 8 indicates that eight balls were bowled in each over.|
|Runs||Number of runs conceded|
|Wkts||Number of wickets taken|
|Econ||Runs conceded per over|
|Batsmen||Batsmen whose wickets were taken|
|Result||Result of the match|
|1||Arnold Warren||3 July 1905||England||Australia||2||19.2||57||5||2.94||Drawn|
- "Headingley". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Headingley first international match". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Headingley, Leeds / Records / Test matches / Match results". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 7 August 2015.
- "Headingley, Leeds / Records / One-Day Internationals / Match results". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Prudential Trophy - 1st ODI - 1st ODI at Headingley, Sep 5, 1973". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- Buckle, Greg (30 April 2007). "Pigeon's almost perfect sendoff". The Canberra Times. Archived from the original on 15 August 2008. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Swinging it for the Auld Enemy – An interview with Ryan Sidebottom". The Scotsman. 16 August 2008. Retrieved 29 March 2012.
- Pervez, M. A. (2001). A Dictionary of Cricket. Orient Blackswan. p. 31. ISBN 978-81-7370-184-9.
- "3rd Test: The Ashes at Headingley, Jul 16-21, 1981 | Cricket Scorecard". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 2016-01-20.