List of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam
This is a list of district-level subdivisions (đơn vị hành chính cấp huyện) of Vietnam as of October 11, 2007. This level includes: district-level cities (thành phố trực thuộc tỉnh), towns (thị xã), rural districts (huyện) and urban districts (quận). These subdivisions are further divided into communes (xã) in rural areas (subdivisions under huyện, suburbans of towns and quận) and ward (phường) (subdivisions under cities and towns) in urban areas, and townships (thị trấn).
The urban areas (provincial cities and towns) in the district-level are classified into 5 classes (from 1st to 3rd class urban area are provincial cities, 4th class ones are towns, 5th class ones are townships which are not in district-level).
- 1st class urban area: Huế only, while other 1st class are province-level municipalities (Hai Phong, Da Nang, Cần Thơ).
- 2nd class urban area: such as Việt Trì, Hạ Long, Thái Nguyên, Nam Định, Vinh, Thanh Hóa, Qui Nhơn, Buôn Ma Thuột, Da Lat, Vũng Tàu, Mỹ Tho, Long Xuyên
- 3rd class urban area: such as Bắc Ninh, Yên Bái, Lạng Sơn, Điện Biên Phủ, Thái Bình, Hà Tĩnh, Đồng Hới, Tam Kỳ, Quảng Ngãi, Tuy Hòa, Pleiku, Phan Thiết, Tân An, Cà Mau, Sóc Trăng, Cao Lãnh, and others
- 4th class urban area (for towns): Đồ Sơn, Uông Bí, Cẩm Phả, Sông Công, Bỉm Sơn, Sầm Sơn, Hồng Lĩnh, Đông Hà, Hội An, An Khê, Cam Ranh, Ayun Pa, Kon Tum, Phan Rang–Tháp Chàm, Bà Rịa, Long Khánh, Thủ Dầu Một, Tây Ninh, Gò Công, Bến Tre, Trà Vinh, Châu Đốc, Hà Tiên, Vị Thanh, Bảo Lộc, Gia Nghĩa, Đồng Xoài, Vĩnh Long, Sa Đéc, Ngã Bảy, and others
- 5th class urban area (for townships): not in district-level
The district-level subdivisions are tabulated alphabetically:
- Codes of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam, 29 June 2004
- Codes and names of district-level subdivisions in Vietnam