Liskeard Grammar School

Coordinates: 50°27′18″N 4°28′34″W / 50.455°N 4.476°W / 50.455; -4.476 Liskeard Grammar School in Liskeard, Cornwall dates back to 1550. In its most recent incarnation it was originally known as the County School, and was built by the Cornwall Education Committee. It opened in Old Road, Liskeard in 1908.

The school song reflected its location "at the foot of Cornish Moorland". In 1945, its name was changed to Liskeard Grammar School. It closed in 1978. Travers was the headmaster in the 1950s and, from about 1960 to 1976, the headmaster was John W Lingard.

Notable former pupils

This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 5/28/2013. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.