|Minister of Tourism and Sport of Uruguay|
Assumed office |
May 30, 2012
|Preceded by||Héctor Lescano|
2 March 1952|
|Political party||Broad Front|
Liliam Kechichián (born 2 March 1952 in Montevideo) is a Uruguayan politician.
Born in a family of Armenian descent, she has been active in the Frente Amplio (Broad Front) since its establishment.
In 1999 she joins the Progressive Alliance sector. In 2004 she was elected to the Parliament Soon she was appointed Deputy Minister of Tourism, alongside Héctor Lescano. In May 2012 she was appointed Minister of Tourism, thus serving in the Administrations of both Presidents Tabaré Vázquez and José Mujica.
- "Determined Armenian with immigrant blood". Retrieved 30 May 2012. (Spanish)
- "National Representative Liliam Kechichián". Uruguayan Parliament. Retrieved 30 April 2013. (Spanish)
- "Kechichian replaces Lescano". El Observador. 30 May 2012.
- "Presidential Resolution" (PDF). Uruguayan President's Office. 30 May 2012.
- "Government Ministers of Uruguay". rulers.org. Retrieved 6 March 2015.