Lidgate is a small village and a civil parish in the St Edmundsbury District, in the English county of Suffolk. Lidgate is located on the B1063 road in between the towns of Newmarket and Clare. The population of Lidgate is around 250, measured at 241 in the 2011 Census.
St Mary's church dates from the 13th century and is a Grade II* listed building. The village was the origin of John Lydgate (c. 1370 – c. 1451), monk and poet; he left his signature and a coded message in graffiti on a wall of the church.
The adjacent Lidgate Castle is a medieval motte and bailey castle built to an unusual quandrangular design.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 24 August 2016.
- "Name: CHURCH OF ST MARY List entry Number: 1376756". English Heritage. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "John Lydgate linked to Suffolk church graffiti". BBC. Retrieved 1 April 2014.