|Look up levelling or leveling in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Levelling is the measurement of geodetic height using a levelling instrument and a level staff.
Levelling may also refer to:
- Concrete leveling, a procedure that attempts to correct an uneven concrete surface by altering the foundation that the surface sits upon
- Cultural leveling, the process by which different cultures approach each other as a result of travel and communication
- Dialect levelling, the means by which dialect differences decrease
- Land levelling, the process of flattening land
- Leveling effect (chemistry), a concept in acid-base chemistry
- Leveling (philosophy), an existential process which leads to a loss of individuality
- Morphological leveling, the generalization of an inflection across a paradigm or between words
- Production leveling, a technique for reducing the mura waste
- Resource leveling, a project management process
- Wear leveling, a technique for prolonging the service life of some kinds of erasable computer storage media like Flash memory and Solid-state drives
- Poker Leveling, is knowing what the other opponents think about the hands when playing poker
- Leveling Up, the act of gaining a set number of experience points to increase your rank in a video game.
- The Levelling, a 2016 British film