Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie
Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie (French; in English: "The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia") is a non-profit organisation formed in 1994 to promote, protect and develop a number of villages in Wallonia, Belgium.
The villages which are members of the association are: Aubechies, Celles, Chardeneux, Clermont-sur-Berwinne, Crupet, Deigné, Fagnolle, Falaën, Laforêt, Lompret, Mélin, Mozet, Nobressart, Ny, Olne, Ragnies, Sohier, Soiron, Sosoye, Soulme, Thon-Samson, Torgny, Vierves-sur-Viroin and Wéris. The villages are selected based on their rural nature, listed buildings, architectural heritage and will of the inhabitants and municipal officials.
Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie organises events such as Un Dimanche, un Beau Village ("one Sunday, one beautiful village"), where one village is highlighted and promoted each week, and activities take place to allow visitors to explore the culture and heritage of the village.
- Les Plus Beaux Villages de France
- The most beautiful villages in Italy
- Most Beautiful Villages of Quebec
- "BrusselsLife : Les Plus Beaux Villages de Wallonie" (in French). Retrieved 2013-04-15.
- "Rural Success Story" (PDF). European Commission. 2006. p. 7. Retrieved 2007-03-14.
- "The non-profit making association "The Most Beautiful Villages of Wallonia"". Archived from the original on February 14, 2006. Retrieved 2007-03-14.
- Clare Thomson (1 April 2006). "The villages of southern Belgium: full of romance and history". The Independent.