|Comune di Lenola|
Location of Lenola in Italy
|Coordinates: 41°25′N 13°28′E / 41.417°N 13.467°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Latina (LT)|
|Frazioni||Ambrifi, Camposerianni, Carduso, Liverani, Passignano, Valle Bernardo|
|• Mayor||Andrea Antogiovanni|
|• Total||45 km2 (17 sq mi)|
|Elevation||425 m (1,394 ft)|
|Population (31 March 2015)|
|• Density||93/km2 (240/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. John the Baptist|
|Saint day||June 24|
Known in ancient times as Inola, Inula or Enola, the town was acquired by the Romans in the 4th century BC. It was the site of a clash between the army of Hannibal during his march along the Appian Way towards Rome (c. 217 BC); in a place still called Valle di Annibale ("Hannibal's Valley") remains of armors were found.
After the fall of the Western Roman Empire, Lenola was besieged two times by the Lombards (581 and 595). In 846 it was ravaged by the Saracens. In 1138 it became a possession of the Italo-Norman family of the Dell'Aquila and then, in 1299, to the Caetani family.
During World War II, Lenola suffered several bombings. Some of its inhabitans, such as future President of the Chamber of Deputies, Pietro Ingrao, fought as partisans against the German occupation forces.