|Comune di Leffe|
Location of Leffe in Italy
|Coordinates: 45°48′N 09°54′E / 45.800°N 9.900°ECoordinates: 45°48′N 09°54′E / 45.800°N 9.900°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Bergamo (BG)|
|• Total||6.9 km2 (2.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||453 m (1,486 ft)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Michael|
|Saint day||September 29|
Leffe is a town and comune near the Alps in Lombardy, Italy. It is nearly 80 kilometres (50 mi) from Milan, and administratively part of the province of Bergamo. The town is well known because of its textile industry.
Leffe is a town in the province of Bergamo, set on the western side of the Val Gandino. Interesting fossils have been founded during the 20th century in the lignite mines, now preserved at the Museums of Natural Science in Milan and Bergamo. It is mentioned for the first time in a document of 903 with the name of Leufo.
- Palazzo Comunale. It has a portico and open gallery, together with a beautiful internal courtyard and well.
- The Parish House. It has an open gallery and music room, frescoed by Evaristo Baschenis, a painter from Bergamo of the XVII century.
- The Parish Church of San Michele (XVI century) , conserving a wooden sculptural group by Andrea Fantoni, dating from 1694, called la Madonnina.
- "Leffe". accessed 07 September 2015
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Leffe.|