|Coordinates||40°08′10″N 8°54′54″E / 40.136°N 8.915°ECoordinates: 40°08′10″N 8°54′54″E / 40.136°N 8.915°E|
|Primary inflows||Tirso River|
|Primary outflows||Tirso River|
|Max. length||20 km (12 mi)|
|Surface area||29 km2 (11 sq mi)|
|Water volume||748,000,000 m3 (2.64×1010 cu ft)|
The lake was constructed in the 1920s. The dam, designed by the engineer Angelo Omodeo, was inaugurated in 1924, at that time it was the largest reservoir in Europe. The lake length is 20 km.
A new dam was built in 1997, dedicated to the Sardinian medieval judge Eleonor of Arborea, it is 582 m long and 120 m wide.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lake Omodeo.|