La Chapelle (Paris Métro)
|Paris Métro station|
Boul. de la Chapelle× rue du Faubourg Saint-Denis
10th arrondissement of Paris
|Coordinates||48°53′04″N 2°21′37″E / 48.884411°N 2.360288°ECoordinates: 48°53′04″N 2°21′37″E / 48.884411°N 2.360288°E|
|Opened||31 January 1903|
Location within Paris
La Chapelle is a station on Paris Métro Line 2, on the border of the 10th and 18th arrondissements above the Boulevard de la Chapelle. The station is connected to the Gare du Nord and the Gare du Nord Métro station on lines 4 and 5.
The elevated line 2 station was opened on 31 January 1903 as part of the extension of line 2 from Anvers to Bagnolet (now called Alexandre Dumas). It is named after the Place de la Chapelle, which was named after the Barrière de la Chapelle, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished after 1859. The gate was named after a village that was annexed by Paris in 1860 and was named after a chapel to Saint Genevieve built in the 6th century.
|Platform 1||← toward Porte Dauphine (Barbès – Rochechouart)|
|Platform 2||toward Nation (Stalingrad) →|
|M||Mezzanine for platform connection|
- Viaduct exterior at La Chapelle
- Station entrance
- Platform signage
- Underground connection to Gare du Nord
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to La Chapelle (Paris Metro).|
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.