La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding
|La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding|
|Directed by||Georges Lautner|
|Produced by||Marcello Danon|
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
|Edited by||Michelle David|
Da Ma Produzione
|Distributed by||Columbia TriStar Films (France)|
La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding (French: La cage aux folles 3 - 'Elles' se marient) is a 1985 comedy film and the third and final film in the La Cage aux Folles series. Unlike the first two films, which were directed by Édouard Molinaro, this third installment is directed by Georges Lautner.
In order to inherit his Aunt Emma's large fortune (which includes a large chunk of Scotland), Albin must marry a woman and father a child, and Renato goes along with the plan in an attempt to save their St. Tropez nightclub. Albin consults marriage broker Matrimonia and tries to act like a conservative heterosexual, but all attempts to conform fail and he considers suicide. When all hope seems to be lost, Renato and Albin meet a suicidal young woman, Cindy, who decides that marrying Albin may be better than death.
- Michel Serrault as Albin Mougeotte / "ZaZa Napoli"
- Ugo Tognazzi as Renato Baldi
- Antonella Interlenghi as Cindy
- Saverio Vallone as Mortimer
- Michel Galabru as Simon Charrier
- Benny Luke as Jacob
- Stéphane Audran as Matrimonia
- Gianluca Favilla as Dulac
- Umberto Raho as Kennedy
As of October 2013, there is no existing DVD of the film in the US. A Region 2 DVD release was released in Italy in 2009 (under its Italian release title, "Matrimonio Con Vizietto"), but it does not include an English-language track.
- La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding at the Internet Movie Database
- La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding at AllMovie
- La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding at Box Office Mojo
- La Cage aux Folles 3: The Wedding at Rotten Tomatoes
- New York Times review