|Town and Municipality|
Sts. Cosmas and Damian Parish Church
Location of the town of Kuzma in Slovenia
|Coordinates: 46°50′N 16°05′E / 46.833°N 16.083°ECoordinates: 46°50′N 16°05′E / 46.833°N 16.083°E|
|• Mayor||Jožef Škalič|
|• Total||3.6 km2 (1.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||118/km2 (310/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+01)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+02)|
Kuzma (pronounced [ˈkuːzma]; in older sources also Kuzdoblan, Prekmurje Slovene: Küzdobljan, Hungarian: Kuzma) is a settlement in the Municipality of Kuzma in the Prekmurje region in northeastern Slovenia, on the borders with Austria and Hungary.
Kuzma was attested in written sources in 1387 as Zalocha and Zaloucha, and as Kuzma in 1763–87. The name Kuzma is derived from the Slovene saint's name Kozma 'Cosmas', known as Küzma in the Prekmurje dialect. Locally, the settlement is known as Kuzdobljan, which is derived through contraction of Koz(ma in) Damijan 'Cosmas and Damian', referring to the local church.
The local church in the village is dedicated to Saints Cosmas and Damian and belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Murska Sobota. Since 1964, it has been a parish church. It dates to the first half of the 19th century and was dedicated in 1863. The nave was built upon the plans by the architect Majda Nerima from 28 April 1963 until 1 December that year. That's when the church was used for the worship service for the first time. The interior of the church was decorated in 1964 by the painter Lojze Perko, who used the sgraffito technique.
- "Kuzma". Place Names. Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Domovina 9(53) (30 December 1926): 7. (Slovene)
- Jutro 11(82) (8 April 1930): 5. (Slovene)
- "Živinsko i drobno senje (sejmi) v Sl. Krajini." 1929. Nájszvetejsega Szrca Jezusovoga veliki kalendár za lüdsztvo 26: 103. (Slovene)
- Snoj, Marko. 2009. Etimološki slovar slovenskih zemljepisnih imen. Ljubljana: Modrijan and Založba ZRC, p. 221.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage Archived July 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. reference number 3089
- Skledar, Benjamin; Vajs, Marko. Cerkev sv. Kozme in Damijana v Kuzmi [Sts. Cosmas and Damian Church in Kuzma] (PDF) (in Slovenian).