Kumgangsan Chongnyon Station
|Revised Romanization||Geumgangsan Cheongnyeon-yeok|
|Owned by||Korean State Railway|
|Line(s)||Kŭmgangsan Ch'ŏngnyŏn Line|
|Opened||16 September 1932|
|Original company||Chosen Government Railway|
The station, originally called Oegŭmgang Station, was opened on 16 September 1932 by the Chosen Government Railway, along with the rest of the fifth section of the original Tonghae Pukpu Line from Changjŏn to Oegŭmgang (nowadays called Kŭmgangsan Ch'ŏngnyŏn).
Due to the partition of Korea, Kŭmgangsan Ch'ŏngnyŏn station is the terminus for domestic passenger trains operating on the line. In 2007, after the reconstruction of the disused section between Kamho and Chejin in the South, passenger trains began operating from the south to bring southern tourists to the Mount Kŭmgang Tourist Region. More than one million civilian visitors crossed the DMZ until the route was closed following the shooting death of a 53-year-old South Korean tourist in July 2008.
- Road map of Korea, North and South, published December 2010 by Freytag and Berndt, Vienna, Austria, ISBN 978-3-7079-0974-6
- Kokubu, Hayato, 将軍様の鉄道 (Shōgun-sama no Tetsudō), ISBN 978-4-10-303731-6
- "Trans-Korean Railway" (PDF). Korean Rail Technology (English). 9: 09–11. September 2007.
- "ROK woman tourist shot dead at DPRK resort". China Daily. July 12, 2008.