A small pond in Isojärvi National Park
Location of Kuhmoinen in Finland
|Coordinates: 61°34′N 025°11′E / 61.567°N 25.183°ECoordinates: 61°34′N 025°11′E / 61.567°N 25.183°E|
|• Municipal manager||Anne Heusala|
|• Total||936.68 km2 (361.65 sq mi)|
|• Land||660.94 km2 (255.19 sq mi)|
|• Water||275.74 km2 (106.46 sq mi)|
|Area rank||118th largest in Finland|
|• Rank||264th largest in Finland|
|• Density||3.51/km2 (9.1/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||99% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||11%|
|• 15 to 64||56.7%|
|• 65 or older||32.3%|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|Municipal tax rate||19.75%|
It is located in the province of Western Finland and is part of the Central Finland region. There are all together even 316 lakes in Kuhmoinen. Kuhmoinen lies on the west coast of Lake Päijänne. Biggest lakes in Kuhmoinen after Päijänne are Vehkajärvi and Isojärvi.
Isojärvi National Park resides in Kuhmoinen on the south side of Lake Isojärvi.
- Puhja Parish, Estonia
People born in Kuhmoinen
- A military museum in Kuhmoinen
- A mast in Kuhmoinen
- "Area by municipality as of 1 January 2011" (PDF) (in Finnish and Swedish). Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 9 March 2011.
- "Ennakkoväkiluku sukupuolen mukaan alueittain, maaliskuu.2016" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- "Svenska ortnamn i Finland" (in Finnish). Research Institute for the Languages of Finland. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "Kuhmoinen". Järviwiki. Finland's Environmental Administration. 2012. Retrieved 27 February 2012.
- "Sõprussidemed" (in Estonian). Puhja vald. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
Media related to Kuhmoinen at Wikimedia Commons