It was formed at the end of the 18th century from the former courtyard of the Krasiński Palace. During the Congress Poland era, it served as a market place for wool. As a result, two iron wells were built in 1823. In 1838 the Badeni Palace was constructed on the square. From the end of the 19th century until 1939, the square, together with the Miodowa Street, served as the judicial district. In the interwar period the Badeni Palace housed the Court of Appeals, while the Krasiński Palace housed the Supreme Court. During World War II most of the buildings in the area of the square were destroyed.
Landmarks on the square include the Krasiński Palace, the Warsaw Uprising Monument, the modern Supreme Court building, and the Field Cathedral of the Polish Army. The Krasiński Garden is located nearby. The Badeni Palace was located on the square before World War II but was destroyed by Nazis in 1944.
- Plac Krasińskich at the official website of Śródmieście district
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Krasiński Square in Warsaw.|